I was divorced in March of 2011, in the divorce decree I was to sign my rights to the house away.

Q: I forgot to sign the quit claim deed for the home and received a judgment against me for credit card debt. My ex wants to refinance the house but since I am still on it he can’t due to the judgment against me. What are my options to get me off the house?

A: I agree that you should sign and record a quitclaim deed. However, you might also want to contact your former spouse and see if there are any documents required by the lender. This could lessen the risk that your spouse will come after you for violating the divorce decree.

* This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the State of Arizona only. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. You should not rely on this advice alone, and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship.

Published By:

Gunderson, Denton & Peterson, P.C.
1930 N. Arboleda, Suite 201
Mesa, Arizona 85213
Office: 480-655-7440
Fax: 480-655-7099

Answered by .
Re-posted from AVVO Legal Questions & Answers.

2018-03-15T17:54:16+00:00 July 26th, 2012|Phoenix|0 Comments

Leave A Comment